My hope is to help bring encouragement,
healing, and support to others going through miscarriage.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm in His hands

All is well with my soul
He is God in control
I know not all His plans
But I know I'm in His hands

That's the song that did it.  I've been doing really well since our appointment Thursday, but singing always does me in.  Couldn't stop the tears in church this morning.  This song speaks well to the state of mind/soul/being that I'm striving to stay focused on.  I know that God is in control, that I don't and won't understand all His plans, and that I'm forever secure in His hands.  He is a good God.  He doesn't cause or justify all the heartbreaking, scary stuff that happens in life, but He does redeem it.  Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (NIV)

I think some ways God redeems/uses all the hard stuff we go through are to teach us, draw us closer, and help other people through the same problems.  Recently my sister-in-law shared at my parents' church about her experiences the last few years with cancer and what God has brought her through in that.  I admire her courage and vulnerability to let God speak through her personal struggles to many people she doesn't even know.  I'm not ready to get up and talk to crowds, but she has inspired me to share and encourage those struggling around me, or around the world in this case.  I'm new to blogging so I may not have all the right etiquette - forgive me.

So on Thursday we had my 10-week prenatal appointment with the OB.  We got through the whole examination/medical history information/pregnancy rules bit only to get the to ultrasound and see that the baby hadn't made it past six weeks.  This is my second miscarriage.  I found out the first time around that not many people talk about it, yet it's a very scary place to be in alone and I wanted to hear about other people who had been there.  

Now I've been there - twice - so I want to be an encourager and supporter and resource.  I don't know that this will really be the way to reach people, but it's a start. It's also a place to let my family and friends know my story better.  So please, ask questions or let me know what you think.  I'm no expert; advice is welcome too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin! I've thought of doing this, too. You're braver than me.
    I lost one in March and another in August.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It stinks to feel alone in this - I know that I did. I applaud you for reaching out to others in that pain. If you ever need to talk I'm here, too.

    ReplyDelete